Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Kate Bush: The Hounds of Love (1985)


"She mouthed the words along to "Running Up That Hill"
That song got scratched into her soul
And he never heard that song before, but he still got the metaphor
Yea, he knew some people that switched places before"

Hornets! Hornets! - The Hold Steady

Without question, The Hounds of Love was my favourite album of 1985. While the Smiths did release an album that year, it was not their best work, if you ask me. Only a few other albums would rival my choice for best record of 1985: New Order's Lowlife, The Waterboys' This is the Sea, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions' Easy Pieces, and Psychocandy, by the Jesus and Mary Chain. Oh, I guess I have to add Skinny Puppy to this list. Bites is an awesome record, though a little too bizarre for some people.

I own the deluxe anniversary edition of The Hounds of Love on CD, which is interesting for the bonus material. So many Kate Bush videos feature dancing. I'll admit that I am not a fan of dance.

No comments: