Sunday, October 05, 2014

Malcolm Burn: Walk, Don't Run b/w Walk, Don't Run (1988)

For some reason, I have never opened this promotional 12" single. (It contains the same song on both sides). It's still sealed. I remember Malcolm from his early days with The Boy's Brigade. I think he is best known now for his work in New Orleans with Daniel Lanois and for his own production work. He has worked as a musician, producer, or co-producer for a whole host of artists, like Blue Rodeo, Bob Dylan, Midnight Oil, Emmylou Harris, Iggy Pop, Blue Peter, Patti Smith, etc.

Walk, Don't Run is a catchy tune, and I really love that he used a comma in the song title, rather than running the words together as so many others would have done.

Update: I have removed this record from my collection.

No comments: