Thursday, April 02, 2015

Cowboy Junkies: Caution Horses (1990)


Caution Horses was released when vinyl was in its death throes. I had been buying CDs for at least two years by then. I saw this band in concert many times from 1987 or 1988 through to about 1993, but never since. In fact, I didn't follow the band much after this record. I recall thinking that I liked The Trinity Sessions better, and that still may be the case, but no one could argue that this record doesn't sound amazing. The vinyl mastering is fantastic.

The Junkies covered Powderfinger, my favourite Neil Young song on this record. It's OK, but I think I prefer Neil's versions (studio and live) much better.

I could be wrong, but I think that Caution Horses is not a common record. I rarely see it in the bins.

No comments: