Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Eddie And The Cruisers: (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (1983)


I suppose this should really be filed under John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band, rather than the title of the film, but whatever. I guess I dropped the ball on that one and broke my soundtrack rule, previously described. I've never seen the film and I was surprised to learn (just recently) that a sequel was filmed.

At the time, I seem to recall that John Cafferty was heralded as the new Bruce Springsteen. It certainly seems like the band was attempting to emulate (copy) the sound of the Boss and his band. There is even a sax. In fact, a casual listener might even be convinced that this is Bruce and Co. on Tender Years, an overt and obvious, yet weak, attempt to channel Bruce. Overall, the album is not that great, but maybe if I saw the film, I would change my mind.

Back in the day, a friend of mine (and Springsteen enthusiast) told me emphatically that this record sucked. That should be the last word.


No comments: