Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Will Butler: Policy (2015)

Untitled
So, I have to decide what to do with new records I acquire that are earlier in the alphabet. Perhaps I will post them and then move them back to the correct place. Anyway, I recently picked this up on sale at HMV. I probably would not have bought it at full price. Having listened to it a couple of times, I'd say that there are some strong tracks, but some tracks that do absolutely nothing for me.

Will Butler is a member of Arcade Fire and younger brother of Win Butler. This record does not sound like Arcade Fire, but there are a few moments that make me think about the band. For me, the strongest songs are Take my Side and Son of God But, Something's Coming also works too, perhaps because it sounds more like Arcade Fire than the rest of the record.

No comments: