Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (1983)

Untitled
I remember listening to an interview with Annie Lennox in which she emphasized that the band's name was Eurythmics, not The Eurythmics. I suppose it is a subtle difference, but, it sounds a bit awkward without the definite article. And, I find myself referring to the band as The Eurythmics rather than the preferred name. Oh well.

This record is best known for two tracks in particular, Love is a Stranger and the title track. The title track was played very often after it was released. It's probably safe to say that I heard Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) far too many times. If you add to this the fact that my friend sang it loudly every time it came on the radio, it made it worse. Still, the song has aged well, and I still believe it to be a good song. And, I can still appreciate Love is a Stranger.

No comments: