Monday, December 14, 2015

Craig Finn: Faith In The Future (2015)

Untitled
I ordered this record a couple of months back from a major online retailer, and it has not yet been shipped. So, I guess it's not really in the mail. It might be in a warehouse. I guess I will have to update this post when it arrives.

Update:

I received a message from Amazon on December 21st that said: "We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered..." And then,

"Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:"

I decided to wait. Bizarrely, less than two days latter, I received the following message: "Your Amazon.ca order of "Faith In The Future (Vinyl)" has shipped!"

Now, that is weird.

I am happy to report that I like the record very much. Solo Craig does not sound like another Hold Steady record, but of course there are elements that are reminiscent. This is a much subtler and more introspective record.

By the way, I did my best to find a copy in one of my local independent record shops, but I failed. I opted not to order a copy from Pledge, because the price was a bit high. I chose Amazon because I had a coupon, meaning that the record was under $15. That was a steal.

No comments: