Friday, March 18, 2016

[Art] Garfunkel: Angel Clare (1973)


"If Simon & Garfunkel had been the thinking man's Everly Brothers, Garfunkel alone turned out to be the thinking man's Johnny Mathis." [source]

I can't pretend that I understand what this means, but it sounds good.

Garfunkel, otherwise known as Art Garfunkel was, of course, the other half of Simon and Garfunkel. Garfunkel's strength has always been as a vocalist, not as a songwriter. On this--his debut--he wrote no songs, which is odd, because the man is also a poet, or so I have read. So, for this record, he compiled a bunch of tracks and sang them. In truth, the songs are not too bad.

If you do a Google search for Art Garfunkel, one of the suggested searches is: art garfunkel death. As far as I know, he is still alive.

I should probably get rid of this one. Maybe not.

No comments: