Friday, May 06, 2016

Godspeed You! Black Emperor: 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend (2012)

Untitled
It took 10 years, but the band finally put out another record. Allelujah! You can call it a comeback. The record even won the 2013 Polaris Prize. The reviews, as I recall, were good, so my faith in reviewers is partially renewed.

The band toured the year prior to this release, but I did not see them. In fact, I have never see the band in concert. Maybe I never will. I really should.

This record was sold with a bonus 7" 45RPM record, but my copy lacks the 7". I noted one other complaint on Discogs about this. How do I get my 7" record? Constellation, can you send me the 7" record?

These notes were provided on Discogs: Pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl and comes in a tipped-on heavyweight gatefold jacket printed in full-color process plus a spot metallic ink and spot matte varnish. LP dust sleeve is also 4-color print, with a center hole cut to display the record label on either side. Package includes a 7" in printed dust sleeve and a 12" x 48" poster (printed full-color on both sides) featuring a collage of film stills specially-photographed and captured from the GY!BE live 16mm projections. Godspeed You! Black Emperor is also credited as "God's Pee" on the back cover, spine, and dust sleeve.

Once again, Allmusic praised the record, and rightly so, because it is great, even though I don't have the 7" record that is supposed to come with it.

No comments: