Monday, July 18, 2016

Don Henley: Building The Perfect Beast (1984)

Untitled

Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.
A little voice inside my head said:
"Don't look back, you can never look back."
I thought I knew what love was.
What did I know?
Those days are gone forever.
I should just let 'em go, but

- Boys of Summer, Don Henley

This is a strange record for me to own, since I was never a big Eagles fan. For some reason, I acquired a copy of this record, and then I lost it and a bunch of other records in a vinyl loaning experience in residence. I don't like to think about that. Years later, I found a free copy, with a cover that is a bit rough.

I think that Boys of Summer is a good track, and I think it holds up today. I think the video is pretty good too. Unfortunately, UMG has blocked youtube access to that video, so screw them.

The remainder of the album is uninteresting, if you ask me.

No comments: