Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Housemartins: The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death (1987)

Untitled
Jesus hates him everyday
'cause Jesus gave and farmer took

A year after the first record, this Christian new wave band returned with it's second and last LP, The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death. That's quite an evocative title and the title track has good pace and I rather enjoy it. Me and the Farmer, Build, and a number of other tracks, are quite good too (I hope someone gets that "quite good" reference). The record sounds like the first, but with new songs, if that makes any sense at all. But, I have to say that I was finished with the band at this point. I did see the Beautiful South in concert a few years later, but I kind of forgot about this band, for the most part.


No comments: