Thursday, September 08, 2016

The Human League: Fascination! (1983)

Untitled
It might seem like a strange thing to say, but the track (Keep Feeling) Fascination (represented here is extended and dub versions) always makes me think of My Bloody Valentine. I do not know enough about music theory to state conclusively that Fascination uses pitch bending, or if there is something else going on, but it certainly sounds like it to my ears. It's a truly bizarre element to find in a pop song, and for that reason, I really admire this track, even if it is a pop song.

Other tracks on the EP are the aforementioned Mirror Man, the aforementioned Hard Times, the aforementioned Your Remind Me of Gold, and one new track - I Love you Too Much. In other words, this EP, which clocks in at just under half an hour, has very little to offer and looks like a stopgap. But, I do love the title track, so I was sold.

Also, the black and grey video works well.

No comments: