Wednesday, October 19, 2016

In Harmony 2: [Various] (1981)

Untitled
As I wrote in reference to an earlier record in my collection: "I own this record because I went through a major Springsteen phase (more on that later)." The same applies here. I bought this record simply because there is a Bruce Springsteen song on it, and it's a bad Bruce Springsteen cover version. I hate Christmas music, and this track is no exception. Bruce Springsteen's version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town is the last track on this record. Oddly, that track might be the highlight on this LP. I suppose the Dr. John track is OK, but most of this record sucks. I think kids hate it too.

Side 1
Billy Joel - Nobody Knows but Me
James Taylor - Sunny Skies
Lou Rawls And Deniece Williams - The Owl and the Pussycat
Teddy Pendergrass - Reach Out and Touch
Janis Ian - Ginny the Flying Girl

Side 2
Crystal Gayle - Here Comes the Rainbow
Dr. John - Splish Splash
Kenny Loggins - Some Kitties Don't Care
Carly And Lucy Simon- Maryanne
Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus is Coming To Town

No comments: