Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive: Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive (1981)

Untitled
Somehow, we have been saved from the ridiculousness of discogs overly-specific categorizations, meaning that this record is listed under Joe Jackson, despite the protestations of one person who made a comment that this release that it should listed be under Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive, as if that was the name of the band. I mean, maybe it was, but really?

Anyway, this record contains all cover versions of 1940s swing and jump blues (mostly from Cab Calloway and Louis Jordan), and it's really really catchy, though I remember being somewhat surprised by it and I avoided the record for a while thinking that I would not like it. When I finally picked it up, I found that I liked it. It's packed with energy.

No comments: