Monday, December 26, 2016

The Japanese Popstars: The Remixes (2011)

Untitled
The Japanese Popstars are an electronic trio from Northern Ireland. I think they have now been downgraded to a duo. The Remixes release came in two varieties: a regular edition; and, a limited edition heavyweight vinyl edition released on Record Store Day 2011. I have the latter, which I picked up for a dollar or two.

This EP contains remixes of:

Depeche Mode: Peace
Thirty Seconds to Mars: Closer to the Edge
Kylie Minogue: Better than Today

The Depeche Mode remix really excels. I like it very much, and it's the best thing on the record. The Thirty Seconds to Mars track is also quite enjoyable, in its own way. I'm a bit puzzled by the Kylie Minogue tune. I've never been a fan, and I am unfamiliar with the original version. I'd say that it sucks.

No comments: