Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Elton John: Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player (1972)

Untitled
It seems that Elton was working at a frantic pace, sometimes releasing two records per year (in 1971, he released three, if you count the soundtrack). Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player contains more huge hits: Daniel and Crocodile Rock. I will say this now just to get it out of the way. I hate Crocodile Rock with all of my heart. In fact, I find it difficult to listen to that song.

And, now that I have written that down, the song has flooded into my brain and it will be a struggle to expunge it. Daniel is a fine song, which brings back tons of memories.

The album is not bad, though one gets the feeling that Elton is moving more firmly into commercial territory, something that is born out by record that follows.

No comments: