Thursday, October 26, 2017

LL Cool J: Radio (1985)

Untitled
I am sure I have mentioned previously that I am not a huge Hip Hop fan, but I do own (and enjoy) some records, like this one. Radio was Def jam's first full length release, when LL was still a teenager. I believe he was 17 when this came out. Think about that. I mean, do you know what I was doing at age 17? I won't tell you.
"Reflecting the new school and ghettoblaster subculture in the U.S. during the mid-1980s, Radio belongs to a pivotal moment in the history and culture of hip hop. Its success contributed to the displacement of the old school with the new school form and to the genre's mainstream success during the period. Its success also served as a career breakthrough for LL Cool J and Rick Rubin. Radio has been recognized by music writers as one of the first cohesive and commercially successful hip hop albums." [source]
By the way, I have a Canadian pressing, in mint condition. That does not mean that this is an expensive record. I think you could find an original copy in the $25 range.I just realized that the photo it crooked. I might have to take another one.

No comments: