Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Nick Lowe: Labour of Lust (1979)

Untitled
There are some songs that I have heard way too many times. Cruel to be Kind is one of them. I think I would have paid a substantial amount of cash to never hear it again, way back when. Now, after all of these years, I appreciate that it is a really fine song, and I can once again listen to it. But, it does beg the question of why certain radio stations ruin some songs by overplaying them. Another song I heard too many times was Another One Bites the Dust, by Queen. In that case, there can be no redemption, for that song truly sucks.

Labour of Lust is a really great record, packed with gems.

Lowe produced Elvis Costello's first five records, and I think we can argue that those are the best Elvis records.


No comments: