Friday, February 23, 2018

Martha and the Muffins: Trance and Dance (1980)

Untitled
I used to have a bunch of Steve Martin records in my collection, but I unloaded them. Back in the day, the only way one could hear comedy, especially if you lived in a small town, was late night TV (like Johnny Carson) or on record. Occasionally, you could hear some comedy on the radio. I had no access to comedy clubs, so I had to rely on records. But, once you've heard the routine, it's not always fun going back, so I lost interest. But, I am sidetracked.

Martha and the Muffins, alter known as M+M (and somehow miraculously not separated on Discogs) were a Canadian pop band. They are best known, I think, for the tune Echo Beach, which is a real place in Toronto. If you lived in Southern Ontario in the early 80s, you couldn't have missed them. The truth is, I haven't listened to his album very much at all, and I know next to nothing about it.

No comments: