Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Kim Mitchell: I Am A Wild Party (Live) (1990)

Untitled
There are only two pressings of this LP, and both are from Canada. One is the club edition, from Columbia House. I heard that the Columbia House Record club was coming back, but maybe that was fake news. I have the original non-club pressing in superb condition. This might be the most expensive KM record, but, even then, you could probably find it for $20 or less.
I Am a Wild Party (Live) is a live album from Canadian singer and guitarist Kim Mitchell. The album was released in 1990 and is certified platinum in Canada. It contains six live tracks; five of which were performed at The Oshawa Civic Auditorium in Oshawa, Ontario, and "Go For Soda" performed at The Kee, in Bala, Ontario. The album also contains two new studio tracks titled "I Am A Wild Party" and "Deep Dive". [source]
The record offers live version of Kim's better-known songs, but he also drops in Battlescar, from his Max Webster days. The title track, in my ever so humble opinion, is a bit weak.

No comments: