Monday, August 13, 2018

Van Morrison: The Best of Van Morrison (1990)

Untitled
As far as I can tell, this compilation was only ever pressed in 1990, and so copies are very hard to find, and if you can find one, it will be pricey. I have a US pressing, though it was pressed in Canada, and my copy is essentially mint. I just had a look at Amazon.ca, where prices from used record range from the quite good to the insane. Today, prices range from $233.90 to $320.48. That's crazy. On Discogs, which offers a much more realistic value, there are four copies ranging from $58.57 (for a copy in not-so-great condition) to $325.38 (for a near mint copy). Wow. Obviously, I paid a lot less than that.

Somehow, they managed to pack sixteen tunes onto this piece of vinyl. This is a solid collection, collecting tracks from Them and taking the story right on up to Avalon Sunset. What else could you want?

No comments: