Friday, September 28, 2018

Morrissey: Take a Bow (1994)

Untitled
This is a bootleg, recorded at various places. Here is the track list with dates and locations, where available:

Side A

Wayward Sisters (used to introduce Morrissey concerts in 1991 and 1992)
  1. My Love Life (10 October, 1991)
  2. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (7 June, 1992)
  3. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get (Top Of The Pops, 3 March, 1994)
  4. King Leer (Steve Vizard Show, 9 September, 1991)
  5. You're The One For Me, Fatty
  6. Certain People I Know (The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, 9 August, 1992)
Side B
  1. Glamorous Glue
  2. Suedehead (Saturday Night Live, 14 November, 1992)
  3. Sing Your Life
  4. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends (The Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson, 14 June, 1991)
  5. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
  6. You're The One For Me, Fatty (The Late Show, 5 May, 1992)
All three pressings (yellow, red, or purple) are from the US. My version is on yellow vinyl. The sound reflects the source, in some ways, but I would say that poor mastering diminishes the experience.

I paid $8 for this item. Discogs has made it impossible to figure out resale values for bootlegs now that the sire has banned sales of unofficial releases. Slowly, sales figures and for sale listings are disappearing, though one can still add an unofficial item to a collection. Discogs hasn't caught up to this one yet, so I see that there one copy in on offer for about $45 Canadian.

No comments: