Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Van Morrison: The Bang Records Sessions Midnight Special (2012)

Untitled
This is a limited edition Australian double LP, pressed on translucent blue vinyl in a gatefold sleeve, released for RSD 2018. It was originally released in 2012. I picked this up a couple of weeks after RSD for about half the original list price. I read somewhere, though I am not sure where, that only 1000 copies of these were released.

I'd say that the trouble with any Bang Session release is that there are so many versions, often with the same tracks. The other thing is that, if you already have Blowin' Your Mind (as I do), then the first LP is a repeat of that record in its entirety. The second LP contains alternative mixes and bonus tracks. I guess this is for major Van fans.

I'm happy to have it. 

No comments: