Thursday, October 18, 2018

Morrissey: World Peace is None of Your Business (2014)

Untitled
I have a number of Morrissey albums on CD that I will likely never own on LP. That is either because they are either way too expensive or because I am not interested, probably because I already have the CD and find that I don't listen to them very much. But, I did pick this up after it was released. Somehow, I ended up with the first UK pressing, rather than the US pressing, which one would have thought would have been more accessible in North America. Someone is trying to sell one of these for $164 on Discogs, which is far far more than I paid. Even the cheapest is about $55, which is more than double what I paid.

I think we are in an age where it is uncool to listen to Morrissey. All I seem to see is backlash. This is one of the things I hate about social media. Any public post about pretty much any well-known band or artist is filled with hate. The world hates The Smiths, Morrissey, Radiohead, U2, and even the Beatles. It boggles the mind, but I will say that I hate Coldplay and Nickelback :) I lack the energy to post a negative comment on a post about a band I hate. Why would anyone take the time to slag Radiohead? Do they have nothing better to do?

As uncool as it might sound, I don't mind this record. There is one thing I do not like, however, and that is the jacket. It is a tad taller than most, and it will not fit on my shelf.


No comments: