Friday, October 10, 2014

Kate Bush: Aerial

In 2005, I wasn't buying records, so I missed the original pressing, which now goes for insane amounts. Happily, this was repressed in 2018, just in time for Christmas. I guess you'd call it another gift for myself.

Vocal contributions from Rolf Harris, on An Architect’s Dream and The Painter’s Link, have been excised owing to his arrest and conviction on indecent assault charges. Kate's son's vocals are used instead. Oddly, I thought that I had never even heard of Rolf Harris prior to reading about the news stories surrounding this reissue. But, I discovered that I am familiar with the track, Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport.
 
I wonder if this edit will push the price up of the original pressing? Who knows? I would say that I agree with the decision to remove his voice.

No comments: