Monday, January 21, 2019

Peter Murphy: Deep (1989)

I'm not sure I have the words to describe how much I love this record. I love it so much that I have two copies, both Canadian, along with the CD. One I picked up not to long ago for $8! For that price, I could not pass it up. I had recently seen a copy in a shop in Toronto for $60! Another store had a copy going for $40. Talk about price gouging.

I don't think that Murphy ever equaled this record. It's simply fantastic, nearly perfect. The CD has one small advantage over the vinyl, and that is the addition of the Roll Call (Reprise). It's the perfect addition, since I never want that song to end.

My fav song from the record is probably Cuts You Up, but it's really hard to choose. If you plan on buying a Peter Murphy record, this is the one to get. It is his masterpiece.

No comments: