Friday, February 01, 2019

My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall (2015)

It seems that Urban Outfitters, once known as the largest vinyl retailer in Canada (a claim I found difficult to believe), is getting out of the vinyl game. In the big shop on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto, they used to have a massive wall display of vinyl, plus three floor racks on the first floor. It was pretty impressive. Some time ago, the store shifted all of the records upstairs, then then the space given to the collection was slowly reduced. The last time I was there, they had a small fraction of the original inventory, and I assume it is either gone or will soon be gone.

I mention this because UO often had exclusives, such as this record. More importantly, they often had amazing sales. For example, I paid $9.99 for this record at UO.

The exclusive in this case, was really not that exclusive. The jacket is slightly different, but that may be it. Sometimes, their exclusives were simply coloured vinyl.

I like this record, but there are better MMJ records.

No comments: