Monday, April 01, 2019

New Order: Shell-Shock (1986)

The first time I saw a copy of this 12" single, in a used bin of some record store or other, I didn't buy it, despite wanting to have a copy in my collection. Here is the funny part: I didn't buy it because I thought that someone had written their name -- Alex -- with White-Out on the cover. I absolutely hate writing on album jackets, and I have passed over many many used records because of writing. I know, some refer to such defacement as being part of the record's patina. I just cannot have any destroyed records in my collection, though I do have some that were so cheap, I could not pass. I also will never buy a water-damaged cover, but I do have a couple that were somehow water-damaged while I owned them. That's sad.

So, the extended version of Shell-Shock is on side A, with Thieves Like Us bringing up the rear. Shell-Shock originally appeared on the Pretty in Pink soundtrack.

No comments: