Monday, April 08, 2019

New Order: True Faith (1987)


I used to think that the day would never come
I'd see delight in the shade of the morning sun
My morning sun is the drug that brings me near
To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear
I used to think that the day would never come
That my life would depend on the morning sun
Discogs:
"New Order's fourteenth single, released on Factory in July 1987.
True Faith was the first single where multiple versions were released. In addition to the regular 7" and 12", a second 12" was released with Shep Pettibone remixes. Additionally, the single was also released as CD-V, with additional track Evil Dust (an instrumental remix of the song Angel Dust from "Brotherhood"). The Australian remix 12" contained a unique Robert Racic remix of Paradise.

Peaked at # 4 in the UK singles charts.
First New Order single to chart on the US Hot 100
First ever US Top 40 hit, peaking at number 32.

The song is also featured in the movies and soundtracks of American Psycho and Bright Lights, Big City.
The Canadian pressing has True Faith (Remix), 1963, and True Dub. True Faith is a good song, but I prefer the single edit.

No comments: