Tuesday, November 19, 2019

OMD [Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark]: History of Modern (2010)

By my count, this is the second OMD record, after Dazzle Ships, to be credited to OMD rather than to Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Some singles have that credit too. I wonder why they opted to use the acronym from time-to-time. Perhaps it was a design consideration.

The original line-up reformed for this release, after the Sugar Tax, Liberator, and Universal albums, which were really Andy McCluskey solo records.

History of Modern is a fabulous record. I think it's a real return to form. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this is a truly great record. Both McCluskey and Humphreys argue that the subsequent record is better. That is probably true, but it doesn't undermine how good this is.

This record was pressed in 2010 and 2018. I have the original first pressing which came with the CD.



No comments: