Friday, January 10, 2020

Robert Palmer: Heavy Nova (1988)

Confession time: I am not sure that I have played this record more than once or twice, and certainly not in years. I'm not even sure that I have committed the songs to memory, beyond Simply Irresistible. This is perhaps odd, because this was Palmer's most successful record. I think, by 1988, I was listening to far different music.

Wikpedia notes: "The name Heavy Nova derives from Palmer's love of both heavy metal and bossa nova rhythms." I had no idea.

After this record, I disconnected from Palmer, and really only paid attention when I heard of his premature death in 2003. Apparently, there were five studio albums that followed Heavy Nova, along with some live releases, and some compilations. I had no idea, and I have never heard any of it. By the way, I do not own any Robert Palmer music on CD.



No comments: