Friday, October 26, 2018

Morrissey: I am Not a Dog on Chain (2020)


I sometimes wonder if the world has lost its patience for Morrissey. The negative reviews are quite common now and almost expected. It seems a bold statement to praise a Morrissey record these days. I cannot adequately explain what The Smiths meant to me (and still mean to me). So many bands were important to me, but The Smiths ... I can't find the words. I found them at the precisely correct time. It's cliched to say that they were the soundtrack, but really, they were. It was a magical time, and I honestly I wish I could thank Morrissey and Marr for everything. I suppose I do by purchasing the records. But, really, the band changed something in me or opened me up to something or made me listen in a different way. That's not quite it, but I think you understand. Just listen; don't judge.



No comments: