Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tom Petty: Wildflowers & All the Rest (2020)


I have a CD copy of the original 1994 release. Good luck trying to find a copy of the original LP. I saw one once in a Toronto record store for $400 a couple of years ago. I wasn't even tempted. There was, evidently, a double LP version released in 2009. I had no idea. Finally, In 2002, we got a bunch of reissues, like a double CD version, a 4 CD version, a 3 LP version, and some boxes with six records (I think). I settled for the triple record version. 

From Wikipedia:

"Petty's original track listing for Wildflowers was a double album with 25 songs and Lenny Waronker of Warner Bros. Records suggested that it was too long. Petty's family and bandmates arranged a 2020 re-release of the album that includes these deleted songs, demos, and live tracks entitled Wildflowers & All the Rest. The super deluxe edition of the box set called "Finding Wildflowers" included a fifth disc of alternate versions of the Wildflowers tracks. In April 2021, "Finding Wildflowers" was released individually." [source]



No comments: