Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Zydeco Fish is Still Alive & One More Answer

I was amazed to learn that almost one month has passed since my last post. Yikes. I have no good excuse, so I won't even try to come up with one. Along the way, I had a few good ideas for posts, but they were lost, usually while sleeping. Of course, after a drink or two, I have lots to say, but little that anyone would want to hear (unless they have also had a drink or two). I still think a good idea for a blog would be a drunk blog in which the person certifies that he or she will only post while drunk. Maybe one already exists. After all, there are blogs about virtually everything else.

I have lost track of LeafGirl77. Her blog seems to have been dismantled. Where did you go, Leaf Girl?

Hey, why don't I answer another question?

Chris Nolan.ca asks:

Where do you work? See for some reason I always thought it was UofT, but something recently made me thing Ryerson.

I'll reserve my answer for a later date. Someday, I will tell you. I promise. I may be close to retirement when it happens, but I will make an announcement.

Oh, and who was your third grade teacher? Tell us a story about that.

Interesting question. She was either called Miss Dennis or Miss Denis. I'd have to check my old report cards to be certain. I recall that once she tried to explain the difference between unfertilized chicken eggs and fertilized chicken eggs. The obvious question arose, and them she had a very difficult time coming up with a good answer.

That's not very interesting, but it's all I can come up with right now. Sorry to give such a disappointing answer.

Sadly, I will not be able to blog tomorrow or Friday or on the weekend, but I am sure you expect that now.

Technorati Tags: , ,

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZF: I'll send you a note to your gmail account. Stay tuned! ;)

LG77

Kimberley said...

Interestingly enough, I made an account where I would do just that - only post when I was drunk. But then I forgot the password because - yes - I was drunk for the debut.

Kate said...

Hooray! You're back! I ocassionally blog while drunk. I'm afraid they're often the more compact, tight, and well-written posts. It's sad. Not something I plan to cultivate, but there is something to be said for a little less introspection and just relaxing and letting it flow...

Anonymous said...

ZF, thanks for picking my question ;-)

I've posted a story about my 3rd grade story over on my site too in response.

http://chrisnolan.ca/ID/973

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life gets too busy to sit back and write about everything going on.

I hope you find some 'you' time to do whatever you need to do to relax.

The ZenFo Pro said...

See, I was wondering where the Canadian L-Blog Army had disappeared to the last few months.

Lol.

As for choosing to answer those "where do you work?" questions, um...yeah.

Sometimes its better to let people guessing to keep an employer from Googling your ass accidentally (as I discovered recently.)

tshsmom said...

Lately my life has been interfering with my blogging too.

Super Happy Jen said...

I was hoping you were having a fantastic vacation on an exotic tropical island, or touring the savannah, or something. I've also wondered if you work at Ryerson. When I'm walking around campus I sometimes think "That guy could be Zydeco Fish, and I'd never even know it". Something spooky about that.

Gel said...

Hope your summer is going smashingly well. I've gone a month without posting. Life...happens.

Liz said...

zf,
Do you know of this conference?

zydeco fish said...

Liz, No, I don't. Is it good? Are you going?

Liz said...

I just received via an email list the call for submissions. I was thinking about submitting something. I haven't been to Canada since I was about 13, and London is not too far away from work. I mean, I can tune in London stations when I'm at work--but then again there is a lake to go around to get there.

Jay said...

That's alll you have after all that time?