Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Notting Hillbillies: Missing... Presumed Having A Good Time (1990)

As a fan of Dire Straits, I had a hard time passing on this record when I saw it in a bin for only $5. It is in awesome shape too, nearly mint. The Notting Hillbillies are referred to as a supergroup, but I think that depends on your perspective. For example, I had never heard of Steve Phillips, Brendan Corker, Paul Franklin, Marcus Cliffe, or Ed Bicknell before. The only people I knew were Mark Knopfler, of course, and Guy Fletcher, who was a keyboardist with Dire Straits. So, supergroup? Maybe; maybe not.

In any case, this is a country record with some blues thrown in. This was the only record they recorded, right on the cusp of the death-of-vinyl era. This is not an expensive record to find, but $5 was an amazing deal.


No comments: