Friday, July 23, 2004

Canadian Idol

I know you've been waiting for this. In my defense, I have to say that I got hooked again after watching the early shows. There is a good deal of comedy in these auditions. I only watch two reality shows, so that's not too bad, is it?

Brandy Callahan is out, and it is clear that the vote had nothing to do with talent. She is a better singer than Joshua Seller and Manoah Hartmann (not to mention Shane Wiebe). Trouble is, she is short and overweight. So, Canada is clearly voting for the attractive people first. It's a shame.

The show is ridiculous and anyone who wins should remember that it is a popularity contest based largely on how you look, rather than talent, not that there's too much of that in the show. If this show goes into a third season, I'll pass. Believe me.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the first round of the French version, called Star Academy (in Quebec it's Star Academie, oddly enough). Usually known as Starac, we took to calling it Star Ack!!

The first round was won by an attractive brunette. Although I didn't watch the second season, I know it was won by...an attractive brunette. There were better singers, but they were voted off.

I can't watch reality shows. I really can't. I feel my brain completely freezing up if I try...
katherine | 07.27.04 - 4:48 pm