Friday, July 09, 2004

I have seen people riding bikes and talking on cell phones, holding umbrellas, and using a PDA. Today, I passed a woman holding a cup of coffee. She looked a bit unstable, gripping her handle bars with one hand while she balanced her coffee in the other hand. It seems to me that both hands should be on the handle bars.

I figure if we want to get to Mars, we need to employ the best engineers possible. To me, that group must be toothbrush engineers. I swear that design improvements in toothbrushes rivals any other area. A new brush is described as "3-d brush and a measured toothpaste dispenser." Or, this: "A Glasgow dentist has been awarded £75,000 to develop a new toothbrush handle that increases control and cuts joint strain." Go here for a description of the fluid dynamics of sonic toothbrushes. Of course, another choice might be razor design. I am still waiting for a five-bladed razor.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was amazed at the change in toothbrushes over the years I was out of the country. I still stand in the toothbrush aisle and try to figure out exactly why there are 5000 varieties of toothbrush. If it's not the handle, it's some weird thing with the bristles.

It's a freaking toothbrush!

Don't get me started on the razors, that also strikes me as a pig in a poke.

And don't they make cup holders for bikes now?
katherine | Email | 07.09.04 - 9:19 am