Thursday, August 26, 2004

I Get Spam

Today, I got this:

"Hi, it's me Kimberly... my fiancé is on a business trip
I have a on-line profile you can check it out...if you are looking for a sexy relationship we can meet each other http://www.hotladiestodate.com/899394/cheatinghousewifeservices/fullpage.html"

Sounds promising. Speaking of spam, I often get strange email messages from Chinese exporters of all kinds of beans. Why me, I ask. I have written back, informing them that I am not a great consumer of beans, but I have gotten no reply. Maybe they know something that I don't?

I have often received those Nigerian fraud messages. You know, I am the son of so-and-so and if you give me thousands of dollars, I will give you even more in return, once I pay something to someone for something. To these people, I have been blunt. I'd post examples of my replies here, but it might offend you. Oddly, they have not replied either.

My favourite spam has to be the one that promises an end to spam simply by purchasing their product. Would you buy spam blocking software that was advertised via spam? I think not.

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha. i like this font better than the usual.
CMF | 08.26.04 - 10:46 am