Monday, October 04, 2004

I am not a fan of the Toronto Star, but I have to admit that it prints (unintentionally, I think) one of the funniest columns you will ever see. Check out Saturday's New Homes section (well, I think it's Saturday: it might be Sunday). There is a bizarre column in which readers' creative ideas for useless objects are printed along with time-saving or money-saving tips. The winning tip gets a (gasp) $25 prize. If you have ever wanted to know what to do with all of those hockey pucks around your house or used pantyhose, this is the place to look.

I think many of the people who submit ideas must consider themselves to be minor MacGyvers. Speaking of which, I have never seen that show.

I watched Arrested Development for the first time. It's funny, really.

The real news today is that SpaceShipOne has won the $10 million Ansari X Prize.

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha. i remember reading that section. $25 is practically nothing, so you know people are doing it just for their one chance at some sort of fame or notoriety.

Arrested Development is quite hilarious. Jason Bateman is surprisingly good in the lead, the Liza Minnelli episodes are tres drole.

CMF