Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I have to say that I am disappointed with the results of the US Presidential election. It's a good thing that I don't live in the US, or I'd have to pack up and move to Canada. I just cannot understand why Americans would re-elect Bush. The war in Iraq, if you ask me, has exacerbated the terrorist threat. It is clear that the disarray in that country has given more freedom and encouragement to those seeking to attack the USA. Not only that, Bush seems to have given up on Afghanistan, and the fear is that the same people are slowly coming back to power. Not only that, the US missed a glorious opportunity to gain some ground in the misguided war on drugs. Instead, Afghanistan remains a huge producer of opium.

One house on our street gave out a Bic pen and a small pad of Postit Notes for Hallowe'en. What's up with that?

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: Bush -- he's a good christian boy, who has vastly improved the US economy. Or so I saw on various interviews over the last few days. I'm stumped as to why they believe either of those two, but there we are.

Re: Bic -- they're low-carb fanatics, and refuse to hand out sweeties to the kids?

I saw this program on low-carb cooking on the food channel and thought if I had to cook that way I'd give up eating.

katherine
kmatthews@toutes-directions.com