Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wait, I did see one movie recently, on the tele. It was the abysmal About a Boy, starring Hugh Grant. I decided to watch it because I had read the book. I read About a Boy after reading High Fidelity, which was ok, but the movie didn't impress me much. Why John Cusack? He has a mouth like a black hole. His default expression is an "o" shaped mouth, if you know what I mean. He looks mentally challenged, in other words. And people think he is attractive?

I have to admit that I don't mind Hugh Grant too much, although I don't think he is good looking by any means, especially in About a Boy. His hair, in that movie, is far too pugnacious. Anyway, he always plays the same character, which works somehow. I laughed through the fist half of Notting Hill, but the remainder was lame. Who would fall in love with Julia Roberts; she has a mouth like a two-car garage (if you don't believe me, read this).

The boy cast to play Marcus in About a Boy was well-chosen. Somehow, they managed to find a kid with a face like a jack-o-lantern.

Technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy hyperlinks...you've gone hyperlink crazy today!!

i also saw About a Boy the other day, but i'd seen it in the theatre when it first came out. i must admit, it didn't stand up too well on a second viewing...

Yes, the kid was well-cast - but he had very strange eyebrows that made him look like a pixie or an elf - but i suspect that was probably the point...
CMF