Monday, February 28, 2005

8 Comments/Questions About the Oscars

I bailed at 10:00 PM. Actually, it was more like 10:11. I hung on, hoping for things to get interesting, or something. Really, I think I was subtly aware that, once again, the Academy choose not to honour the best in film. Anyway, here we go:

1) Is it just me or does the lead singer of Counting Crows look exactly like Sideshow Bob? By the way, that song is BORING!

2) Why does Drew Barrymore get the label "multi-talented?" What, does she play the Aeolian Wind Harp, or something? And, while we are on introductions, why is Mike Meyers "lovely?"

3) Had anyone else noticed that Rene Zellweger holds her head with a kind of faux differential incline and wears a perplexing squinty eyed sour face? What's up?

4) I my opinion, Leonardo DiCaprio is our next Jack Nicholson. No further explanation is required. Let's just look back in twenty years and examine his hairline, wardrobe, and whether he wears sunglasses in doors (by the way, there are only four degrees of separation between me and Leo: I just have to work out how to get to Kevin Bacon in two more steps).

5) Johnny Depp may well be the next Marlon Brando, and here I am thinking about the later Marlon, or at least the Marlon of Apocalypse Now. Trust me on this one.

6) Beyonce can't sing to save herself. She looks nice (although her makeup last night was rather severe).

7) I liked Chris Rock's comments on Bush.

8) There were a few nice dresses.

Technorati tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the correct spelling is Mike Myers...perhaps you have Russ Meyers on the brain, for some strange reason...

Anonymous said...

Leonardio DeCrappio can't act, and Nicholson can.

Beyonce can sing. Just not in French. She murdered that song. And please, who sounds good singing Andrew Lloyd-Webber music?

I commented on that hairdo too. Weird.

Chris Rock is So Not Funny.

Johnny Depp is, amazingly, rather talented. I say amazingly, because he can't string two sentences together to save himself. But boy, what he can do when someone gives him what to say.

zydeco fish said...

Yes, Myers, not Meyers. I think I can sing Andrew Lloyd-Webber tunes. In fact, I have in the shower. Just kidding.

Super Happy Jen said...

Renee Zellweger is a genuine nice person nice enough to say hello to a lowly background performer even. She does squint, but it looks good on her.

I'm all about the animated sequences they throw in there. Edna Mode rules!