Monday, March 14, 2005

Garden State

OK, so like, many months after most people had seen Garden State, I finally saw it. I was reminded that I really need to see it after stumbling on Zach Braff''s Blog. So, here is my short movie review: I like it, but I found it had a very Hollywood ending, for a film that is somewhat unconventional. What do you think?

Other than that, the only thing I have to say is that I was kind of mesmerized by Natalie Portman's ears. Is it just me, or are they rather Elf-ish, even Vulcan-ish? I swear, if they ever need to cast a nice looking young woman as a Vulcan or an Elf, they should seriously consider Natalie Portman. Does anyone agree?

Is anyone else amazed that the Pope is still alive? He can't be human.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My theory is that the Pope died eons ago, and they just have a bunch of Pope Doubles (kind of like Sadaam Hussein, you know?)

When the Vatican is ready to have a new Pope, they'll just retire the doubles.

zydeco fish said...

that, ladies and gentlemen, is a very plausible explanation.

Anonymous said...

re: Garden State and the ending - I concur in spades - they kind of wimped out with the ending, but up until then, I very much enjoyed.

The Pope may be alive, but I don't think he is living. He is probably secretly yearning for euthanasia, although it's against the tenents of his religion...

zydeco fish said...

i just read an article that suggested that the people may have to do with a "virtual pope". in other words, his days of public appearances may be over.