Wednesday, March 30, 2005

There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

Finally, the National Post has published some interesting news. Paul Kennedy, host of CBC Radio's Ideas, has launched a campaign to nominate Leonard Cohen--one of my personal heroes--for the Nobel Prize in Literature. (I am not sure how long this link to the article will remain valid).

If you are going to be in Montreal on Saturday, April 2 and have $5 to spare, why not check out CBC Blue?:

Saturday, April 2, 8:30 A Nobel for Leonard Cohen
panelists: Karen Young, George Elliott Clarke, Michel Garneau, Edward Palumbo

Host: Paul Kennedy

Salon Jeanne Mance, Hyatt Regency, 1255 Jeanne Mance.

I believe that Leonard Cohen was the greatest songwriter of the 20th century. Only time will prove that statement correct, but I'll be long dead by then.

Here is a fascinating story behind a haunting Cohen song, Seems so Long Ago, Nancy. This is a must read for Cohen fans everywhere.

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I walked by a newsstand this morning and saw the article about LC and a possible Nobel Prize, I knew what the content of your blog would be for today...

zydeco fish said...

It's great to know that I am predictable.