Tuesday, March 29, 2005

When they dance in a reptile blaze

The crossing guard was blasting out ABBA today and now my brain is infected with bad music. It's not like I needed any more encouragement to get my butt over to Sam The Record Man today and pick up the new Beck album for the incredibly low price of $11.99 - now that's a deal. In my humble opinion, Beck is some sort of bizarre musical genius. Mutations has a place in my list of top ten albums of all time. It is the best Beck album, without question, musically and lyrically.

Eagles drone and pose alone like black balloons all banged and blown
On a backwards river, the infidels shiver in the stench of belief
And tell my momma I'm a hundred years late, I'm over the rails and out of the race
The crippled psalms of an age that won't thaw are ringing in my ears
Holding hands with an impotent dream in a brothel of fake energy
Put a nickel in a graveyard machine, I get higher and lower
I get higher and lower like a tired soldier with nothing to shoot
And nowhere to lose this bottle of blues


Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

got it. ok, so HMV has it for $11.99 too, but HMV is a store of last resort for me. and, in the cool department, i got a free Gilette Mach3 Turbo while i was out and about. how cool is that?