Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Keyword Obsession

I'll admit that I am fascinated by knowing which keyword searches brought people to this blog. I have posted twice on this (once; twice). Why, for example, do you think that two people were searching for web sites with the phrase "Decapitated Rabbit"? If you do a Google search on Kool Moo Dee, I have two of the top five hits? Clearly, he has sunk into total oblivion. And, I can't even take credit for the hits: the guy's name appears in a comment submitted by a reader.

The real lesson is that I ought to take the hint and start a new website or websites catering to some of the searchers' keen interests. Those appear to be Sagittarius traits, the most common keyword used, followed by cheatinghousewifeservices. I have two clear paths ahead of me now.

By the way, some of the others searches were:

01) tv twenty minute workout
02) grecce mp3
03) CBC commentary when perdita Felicien fell at the 2004 olympic games
04) marineland jingle
05) zydeco bittorrent
06) listen canadian tire "i'll start with you
07) leonard cohen nobel
08) www smoothy street fights
09) "beatrice ardisson"
10) "edna mode rules"
11) Pontiac "Say that I want you"
12) "say that i want you" pontiac
13) Review "Going to New Orleans" Charles Tidler
14) wakefield brewster 2005
15) pholde arc review
16) shane wiebe spare tire
17) you and i were meant to fly
18) "human harp"
19) Icefields the novel

Technorati tags: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beatrice ardisson?

How come you get that as a search and not me? I'm sure I've posted about beatrice ardisson. Heck, I'm always listening to the discs she produces...

zydeco fish said...

well, i believe it's from one of your comments. so, i owe it all to you. i have no idea who she is!

mister anchovy said...

I'm sure there is medication to get you through this obsession. Personally, I'll take all the visitors I can get, regardless of what they were searching for.

Anonymous said...

Human Harp, what was that one about! LOL

Jay said...

Wow, you've sure cornered the market on TV jingles. Who would want to hear the Canadian Tire song though?

zydeco fish said...

re. harp: I made some reference to the Aeolian Wind Harp, and that was that.

zydeco fish said...

Jay, you are right: that jingle sucks. In fact, I made this statement, which is why this blog was found with those keywords: "Oh, and I think I will have to boycott Canadian Tire because of their obnoxious jingle, 'I'll start with you.' Yuck."

Anonymous said...

Oh, that explains it. I've been meaning to write a blog entry about Beatrice Ardisson, maybe I should get off my arse and get to it...

Anonymous said...

I too share a similar obsession with my keywords.