Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Thoughts, Comments, and Questions for Today

1) Stephen Harper does not have Prime Ministerial hair. And, it's my firm belief that he looks like a Husky.

2) Why hasn't someone invented a product that stops one's hair from growing. You know, so that it goes into stasis?

3) BlogTO is better than Metroblogging Toronto; Torontoist is better than BlogTO.

4) Memo to Jack Layton: shave off your moustache.

5) Seinfeld was the best television show, ever.

6) Survivor is better than Gilligan's Island.

7) Why do certain phrases go into disuse. Like, whatever happened to 'awesome' and 'let's blow this popsicle stand'?

8) IMHO, Charles is fit to be Queen...I mean King.

9) Why would anyone buy a PT Cruiser?

10) Yes, I'd like to go to the moon.

11) The Hubble should be saved.

12) If Bruce Cockburn ran for elected office, I would vote for him.

13) I don't miss hockey

14) I thought I would have been 'discovered' by now. I thought I'd be walking down the street some day and hear someone say "look at those jowls!" I'd be cast immediately.

15) Leaf blowers are stupid.

16) I use the Oxford Comma.

Technorati Tags: , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have jowls!? That is both shocking and astonishing...

zydeco fish said...

You know, as in:

1 a : JAW; especially : MANDIBLE b : one of the lateral halves of the mandible

Jay said...

1. Just one of many reasons to dislike Stephen Harper. I always thought he was odd looking...thanks for putting a name to it.

9. How many times have I said that!!!

13. Me neither.

15. Wow, they really bother you, eh?

Liz said...

5 - Yes, it was absolutely the best!

16 - I never knew it had a name. I agree it should be used. Logically it doesn't make sense to omit it.

Anonymous said...

1. And why is no one pointing out that Mr. Harper is just as much an opportunist as Mr. Martin? -- you can almost see him rubbing his hands together in glee at the prospect of forcing an election.

4. Yup. I've thought that for months. Olivia must like it...

5. What's Seinfeld?

6. What's Survivor?

9. The PT Cruiser is one of the dorkiest cars ever built. I am, of course, biased, but I drive one of the cutest around.

12. Oh, yeah. But he's got more sense than that. Alas.

13. I wish hockey would die a permanent death. Now, if we could get rid of baseball, football, and basketball, the world would be perfect.

15. You don't have trees, do you? I have three great whacking trees. I'm thinking a leaf blower might be a good idea.

zydeco fish said...

I just think that people should buy a rake. Besides, they are noisy.

K, I thought you were a hockey fan from birth. "What's Seinfeld?" Oh boy.

dabydeen said...

I agree with everything but #6. I think Survivor is stupid. I had better fantasies of the girls on Gilligan's Island.

Hmmm ... could also be that it was in my teenage years that I was watching Gilligan's Island. Mary Ann, Ginger and hormones was a potent combo. (Mrs. Howell never did it for me.)