Friday, May 06, 2005

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge" - Ivana Trump

I was strolling on Edward Street, on my way to the misnamed World's Biggest Bookstore, when I heard a woman ask if I could spare any change. I had no change (honestly) and no bills (honestly - I was headed for the bank next). I shook my head and said "no."

"You have great hair," she said. Honestly. Now, my hair is looking fabulous: it has had a recent cut and so there is no more waking up looking like Gene Wilder, no more worries that the wind will whip up my hair, making me look like Daniel Richler. No worries that someone will shout out:

"Comb down his hair. Look, look! it stands upright,
Like lime-twigs set to catch my winged soul."

But the fact is that my hair is far too short to be great. I'm thinking that Tony Manero had great hair. Leon Trotsky had great hair. John Lennon had great hair. And then there's Albert Einstein, Divine, Dolly Parton, Jon Bon Jovi, Don King - they had/have great hair. Not me. I have seriously average hair.

"When you see fair hair
Be pitiful."

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often get compliments on my hair...people ask me if it is real..i guess there are worse parts of your anatomy to encourage that kind of question...

Deek Deekster said...

dolly parton has hairy breasts

Jay said...

I have great hair and great breasts. No wonder I can never keep my hands off myself.

zydeco fish said...

Wow, what fascinating comments.

Mr. Outrageous Ebay Auctions said...

Nice blog. Glad I stumpled upon it while surfing at BlogExplosion.

http://outrageous-ebay.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think you like this post because of Jay's punch line. I'm hooting with laughter and not saying a thing about my hooters here. Cleavage IS mentioned in my current post lol.