Sunday, May 22, 2005

Plastic Grass

Have you read about the synthetic lawn trend? This article gives a brief account. I have to get my two cents in on this one. It's not so much that I am opposed to fake grass: I am opposed to real and fake grass. There are better options. Keep reading and I'll give you my preferred choice.

I'll never understand the obsession with the perfect lawn. My neighbour is almost like Hank Hill, but without Hank's unintended humour. You could putt on his back yard. Spending that much time in pursuit of the perfectly-manicured lawn is stupid. It's an enormous waste of time. So, I offer my suggestion, one that really only has one downfall. I say, use sand.

Yes, if it were socially acceptable (and maybe it already is), I would turn my yard into a big sand box. This way, I could have impromptu games of beach volleyball (without the beach). I could build sand castles anytime I want to. You can relax without worrying about cutting the grass. Just stick a beach umbrella in the sand. It's like going to the beach without leaving home, except that there is no water, unless one gets a pool or a kiddie pool. As I am sure you can see, there are lots of possibilities.

On the downside, I am sure that the neigbourhood cats would use it as a giant litter box. Someone just needs to invent an anti-feline device.

PS: My latest guest post on Mister Anchovy.

Technorati Tags: ,

7 comments:

dom said...

erm get a dog!

Anonymous said...

I hate plastic Christmas trees, I think they are tacky, and for the SO DAMN lazy. Plastic lawn is by far tackier.

Liz said...

In the SW United States, some people have small stones instead of a lawn. If I had a yard, I think I would fill it with stones and rocks.

zydeco fish said...

I'm down with stones and rocks.

tshsmom said...

Just be thankful that your neighbor isn't having a fit about your "bastard" lawn posing a threat to his pedigreed lawn.
My uncle was actually gonna sue his neighbor because he had dandelions, and the seeds were floating into his yard!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is a nice information on plastic grass. Check out this link for more information on fake grass -
http://reallycoolideas.blogspot.com/2006/04/fake-grass.html

Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog is creative, Keep up the great work. You can find some more information on Fake Grass here: Cool Ideas
Cheers :)