Monday, May 23, 2005

Professional Farting

My recent guest post on Mister Anchovy about Star Wars led, bizarrely, to a discussion about Lutefish and stinking shark meat. That, naturally -- and given my 14-year-old brain -- made me think of farting, or flatulence for the easily offended.

I was amazed to discover, in my inevitable Google search, an entry at Wikipedia on the Professional Farter. Wow, now here's something I learned about far too late in life. I could have been honing my skills from a much younger age. I can just imagine straining to achieve a B flat or an F major. I suppose chords are out of the question, unless you are in a choir of people with similar skills.

I have never known a Professional Farter, but I'd be happy to nominate a few individuals. I suppose I better not name names.

By the way, if you do a Google search for the phrase "professional farting," you get more that 550 results. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

I promise never to make another farting post again.

Technorati Tags: ,

10 comments:

The Corporal said...

Saw your comment on my blog, and decided to check out yours.

Awesome Blog.

I don't know many professional farters either, but, we all know a couple of people who could qualify.

Especially after a couple of beers.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! Hmm Okay I am doing a google search on that! PS Simon Le Bon is a celeb in my eyes!! Don't scoff at a DURANNIE!

Critical Darling said...

I'm going to nominate my boyfriend as a professional farter...only because he is so unlike the typical alpha-male and actually gets embarrassed and leaves the room when he has to, you know. But, I can STILL hear it...and it goes on for like TEN MINUTES.

zydeco fish said...

CD, he sounds like a keeper. Really.

Anonymous said...

well, the content of this post certainly explains your love of Gargantua and Pantagruel...

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd thoroughly repressed those memories of Le Petomane and Mr. Methane, but no.

zydeco fish said...

True, there is much farting and pissing in Gargantua and Pantagruel.

I hda to look up Le Petomane and Mr. Methane. Fascinating.

Princess Wild Cow said...

You and I are the only ones I have seen that have ever blogged about lutefisk...that's what they call it here in No. MN.

Katy said...

I love farting posts. I thought it was a national past time...right up there with baseball.LOL

zydeco fish said...

Farting is a National past time.